Entries Sought For Annual New Plays Festival
The BareStage Theatre is seeking original short plays for its annual "Six 10s @ Eights" original short plays festival and plays of all lengths for stage and audio production. The deadline for submitting scripts is June 30, 2007.
Twelve scripts will be chosen for stage production by the theatre. Winning plays will be fully staged for audiences, and the festival favorites, chosen by the actors and audiences, will be promoted to other theatres and competitions throughout the country.
Every playwright who submits work will receive comprehensive written critiques from the festival script readers (with inclusion of an S.A.S.E).
No previous playwrighting experience or past production is required, though plays that have been previously produced at other theatres will also be considered.
Those wishing to submit plays should follow these guidelines:
• All scripts should be bound or stapled, should be no more than 5 to 15 pages in length, include the playwright's name and contact information and involve no more than five characters, with minimal set requirements;
• Two copies of each different play should be sent;
• Include a brief cover letter telling a bit about the play and yourself;
• Include a standard self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish to receive a reply and critique;
• No scripts will be returned, but plays of merit will be kept on file at the theatre for possible future production;
• Playwrights may send as many scripts as they wish, but must include a $10 reading/critique fee for each different short play (fees vary for plays longer than 5-15 pages); and,
• Meet the submission deadline: June 30, 2007.
Scripts should be mailed to: The BareStage Theatre; New Play Submissions; P.O. Box 9004; Red Bluff, CA 96080.
BareStage is also now accepting plays of all lengths for consideration for its regular season. Guidelines and varied critique fees can be found online at www.barestage.com.
ALL PLAYS SUBMITTED TO THE THEATRE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR STAGE PRODUCTION, AS WELL AS PODCAST AND RADIO PRODUCTION.
Additional information on the festival or entries is available online at www.barestage.com.
• • •
The BareStage Theatre is a nonprofit, tax-exempt public benefit corporation that depends upon the participation of volunteers for its success. The theatre welcomes the involvement of everyone, regardless of age, race, sex, beliefs or disabilities. To find out how you might get involved in any of the numerous ways, please call, write or drop by.