WVW is pleased to announce that manuscript critiques will be available for the 2012 conference. You may have up to 8 pages of your manuscript and a one-page synopsis or up to 8 pages of poetry critiqued for a cost of $25.00. This includes a 15-minute, individual session with the critiquing author
during the conference. The number of critiques is limited, so they will be taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Here's a list of the award-winning authors who will be offering critiques:
1) Lee Maynard – Appalachian, memoir, humor, adventure, etc. (wear your thick skin and be ready for Lee's honest, tough, evaluation of your work.);
2) Sandy Tritt – Short story, inspirational, how-to-books, etc.
3) Michael Knost – Sci/Fi, horror, supernatural, fantasy, etc.
4) Geoff Fuller – Anything - except poetry (www.wvwriters.org, conference
5) Wilma Acree – Poetry only (www.inspirationforwriters.com);
6) Karin Fuller – Memoir, humor, children's books, inspirational, romance, etc. (www.wvwriters.org, conference presenters' bios)
If you would like a critique, here's what you do:
1) Select a writer from the list that you feel best matches your work;
2) Email Teresa Newsome at firstname.lastname@example.org) or call her at
304-601-2460 to reserve your slot.
3) Mail your manuscript and $25.00 check or money order (payable to WV Writers, Inc.) to Teresa Newsome, 5245 Pond Fork Road, Madison, WV 25130, no later than May 21. Please do not send a manuscript if you have not reserved
a time slot.
Hurry! This is an opportunity too good to miss.