DORA B. WOODYARD MEMORIAL LIBRARY
1. The contest is open to residents of Wirt, Calhoun, and Wood Counties in grades 8 and up. This can include middle school students, high school students, college students, and adults. Prizes will be awarded in three categories: grades 8-10; grades 11-12; and adult
2. Your entry may be a short story or an essay with a limit of 1500 words for each.
3. Keep your entry family friendly. Winners will be reading their works aloud to a family audience.
4. Your story may be handwritten, typed, or computer-generated.
5. Plagiarized entries will not be accepted.
6. An entry form must be attached to your story/essay. Entry forms may be picked up at the library or you may request one be sent to you by email at this address: email@example.com.
7. DO NOT write your name on your submission. Your name may only appear on the attached entry form.
8. One entry per person, please.
9. Submit your entry at the Dora B. Woodyard Memorial Library, Mulberry Street, Elizabeth, WV on the campus of Wirt County High School. You may mail your entry to Dora B. Woodyard Memorial Library, PO Box 340, Elizabeth, WV 26143.
10. The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 1 at 5:00 pm.
11. Call 304-275-4295 for more details.
12. A reception for the winners will be held at the library on Monday, March 25, 2013 at 6:30 pm.
The Entry Form can be found at THIS LINK.