CHARLESTON STAGE COMPANY AND FESTIVALL ANNOUNCE LOCATION PLAY WRITING CONTEST
The Gallery Play
For the eighth year in a row, Charleston Stage Company and FestivALL are sponsoring the Location, Location new play contest. This year's location is the Mountaineer Good News Garage Art Gallery. The winning plays will be presented in the Gallery which will also be exhibiting artworks by West Virginia artists inspired by Mountain Stage. This year marks the program's 30th Anniversary
• The plays must incorporate the gallery
• Only West Virginia writers are eligible
• First line of the play must be "Can you feel it?"
• Plays must have at least three and no more than six characters
• The runtime of the play must be between ten and fifteen minutes
• Play must be appropriate for all ages
• Plays may not have been previously produced
• Collaborations and multiple submissions are acceptable
• Plays must be typewritten and mailed to Charleston Stage Company, 123 Summers Street, Charleston, WV 25301 or emailed in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10, 2013
• Winners will receive a stipend of $150
The plays will be read and judged by out of state judges who will consider, among other things, creative use of the space.
This is the eighth year of Location, Location, Location play contest and is made possible by funding from the WV Commission on the Arts.