2010 De Novo Poetry Contest
For our fourth De Novo Award, C&R Press continues to seek the best manuscript from a previously unpublished American poet (a writer who has not published a full-length collection of poetry before). In this annual contest, we look for manuscripts that exhibit striking language, memorable imagery, intellectual depth, and a respect for diversity in all areas of life. Ultimately we are interested in supporting the best, most exciting work we can find. As is our tradition to date, we also carefully consider publishing other outstanding and deserving manuscripts from the De Novo contest. Please include:
• 55-85 page manuscript (single-spaced & anonymous)
• One paragraph biography in your cover letter that includes ms. title & your contact information, including email & phone # (will be removed during the judging phase)
• $25 entry fee payable to C&R Press. (Optional--include an additional $5 to receive a copy of winning book).
• Submission of more than one manuscript is acceptable; each manuscript must be submitted separately, each with entry fee
• Please let us know immediately if your manuscript is accepted by another publisher while under our consideration
• No revisions to submitted manuscripts will be considered; the winning manuscript may be revised before publication
• Manuscripts may consist of poems that have been published, but the manuscript as a whole must not have been previously published
• Close friends, former students, and current or former colleagues of the judge are ineligible
• Translations ineligible
• Winner receives $500 and 20 copies. All entries will be considered for publication.
2010 Contest Submission Period: March 15 - June 15. (Entries received after June 15 will NOT be considered for the 2010 De Novo Contest.)
2010 Judge: Richard Jackson