SpringGun Press / www.SpringGunPress.com is excited to announce an open call for submissions to our 2011 Poetry Chapbook Prize. All entries will be judged anonymously by the editors with a cash prize of $500 and publication by SpringGun Press.
Contest Guidelines for the 2011 SpringGun Chapbook Prize, for any poet writing in English.
• Manuscript must be postmarked by August 16, 2010.
Send Manuscripts to:
Editors of SpringGun
450 W. 14th Ave
PO Box 48145
Denver, CO 80204
General Contest Terms:
• Multiple submissions are acceptable, but each manuscript must be accompanied by its own cover page and fee.
• We welcome simultaneous submissions. However, please notify us immediately at <editor(at)springgunpress.com> (replace (at) with @) if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
• Entry fee of $10 must accompany each submission; make check payable to SPRINGGUN PRESS.
• No translations
• 25-40 pages, paginated
• Securely bound with a removable clip or band
• Cover page with: name, address, telephone, and email
• Title page with manuscript title only
• Please DO NOT include acknowledgement or bio pages
• For notification of winner, please send an email to
<editor(at)springgunpress.com> (replace (at) with @)
with the words CHAPBOOK SASE in the subject line.
• Manuscripts will not be returned
SpringGun's Journal - Third Issue Reading Period: 4/1/10-8/1/10
The reading period for the third issue of SpringGun is now accepting original and innovative poetry, flash fiction (up to 1000 words), digital poetry, essays, interviews and book reviews. Our journal has featured work by Stephen Graham Jones, Mez Breeze, J. Michael Martinez, Jason Nelson and many other incredible writers.
To see our current issue please visit: www.springgunpress.com/issuetwo